I am a generalist with over a decade of experience building websites. My focus has been mostly on end users: web accessibility, performance and usability.
For the last five years, more of my work has been about teaching and helping teams. From workshops about accessibility, CSS and design systems to accessibility audits and conference talks.
I started out studying Artificial Intelligence, but ended up getting a bachelor and master’s degree in Philosophy. How it relates to front-end work? Abstractions!
- Under Discussion: The Current State of Web Accessibility, about accessibility (Welcome to the Jungle, 7 January 2020)
- How accessibility leads to better digital products for all customers, about the advantages of accessibility (Contentful, 14 December 2020)
- How art direction in web design creates more engaging experiences, on how CSS helps art direction on the web (EditorX, 4 April 2021)
- WCAG Wat? - Gebruiker Centraal (guest in podcast, Dutch, 2 september 2021)
- Accessibility - CapiCast (guest in podcast, Dutch, 23 August 2022)
- My idea for Web We Want (I would like browsers to fix accessibility problems automatically) won both the jury and audience awards, presented at View Source in Amsterdam in 2019
- From 2008 to the first quarter of 2017, I was a volunteer at Fronteers, organising conferences, meet-ups and workshops.